This is the latest Carbon Spread Tow version
Still one of the finest and performing DLG on the market.
Read these Osiris mkII reviews, courtesy of:
After a long wait we finally have the Osiris Mk2 ready and we believe that it will be the finest dlg ever made. We have chosen to work with the builder of the Gladiator: J. Cermark, master craftsmen in his category, he makes the greatest moulded parts we have ever seen. So it basically takes over the original Osiris planform, but with many technical improvement, ensuring accuracy, strength, lightness and quality. It integrates the latest knowledge in CAD/CAM and moulding technology, DLG design and construction.
Here the key features of this outstanding design:
- DLG airfoil designed by Dr. Mark Drela, the wing carries the ag455 to ag47 at the tip. These airfoil have proven to be the best performing, they will cover all the speed range by using the reflex and camber change for the high speed launch to the low speed thermal flight.
- Wing is hollow molded construction, integrating a high strength composite spar system. Trailing edge sub-spar, is an inflated carbon tube, providing extreme strength and complementing the torsional stiffness. Wing skin uses a so called "Disser" cloth wave technology, for again, extreme torsional stiffness. This glass cloth integrates carbon tows stitched at every 2" at 45 deg, which drastically increases the strength of the wing without adding weight.
- Throw pegs are molded into each wing tips (left and right) and are actually small winglets to reduce drag. They are completely attached to the main spar structure during molding process.
- Ailerons are bottom hinged, so control linkage remains inside of wing, and hinge line is beveled at tip to reduce drag and flutter at launch.
- Moulded wing saddle for perfect fit of wing to fuselage.
- Fuselage is a one kind of technology, it comes all in one pieces, no pod and boom with the weak joint. This one piece fuselage is full carbon lay-up and moulded under high pressure and temperature, to ensure optimum strength and minimum weight. Transition from pod to boom is very progressive. Cockpit area is wide enough to make RC gear installation very easy.
- Elevator support is part of fuselage boom to facilitate assembly. Elevator can be made removable for ease of transportation.
All parts of the Osiris mk2 Carbon Spread Tow are pre-finished so very little time is required to get it into the air.
The hollow molded wing is completely finished in carbon spread tow lay-up and ready to receive two sub micro servos for the ailerons.
The tail surfaces are moulded paint, rudder needs to be glued in place.
Small hardware and instructions are completing the kit.